What is the Benefit of Vitamin С For Your Skin?
With the aim of making your skin's appearance look naturally younger, there are plenty of benefits to explore about Vitamin C and your skin.
Let's explore the benefits and sources of this truly amazing vitamin and what it can do for your appearance and health together!! 👍
The official name for Vitamin C is ascorbic acid. It acts as a powerful antioxidant . . . strengthening the body's natural defenses (boosts the immune system) and helps prevent the negative effects of that dreaded word . . . inflammation. Vitamin C is vital for:
- The development and repair of all body tissues;
- Assistance in skin's regeneration process;
- Production of collagen that supports skin firmness;
- Strengthens capillaries;
- Protection against UV ray damage thus minimizing wrinkling, hyperpigmentation (those dreaded age spots), and dryness;
- Repair connective tissue, improves the condition of heart and blood vessels;
- Improvement of dental health;
- Increase of the absorption of iron;
- Support in the maintenance of cartilage;
- Reducetion of the potential for sun damage to the skin;
- Restoration of overall radiance/glow.
- Vitamin C also helps speed wound healing and reduces inflammatory skin conditions like dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
Acting as an antioxidant, vitamin C reduces or prevents damage to our cells by neutralizing free radicals. In simple words, it prevents oxidation, or prevents "rusting" or premature aging of body tissues. Antioxidants prevent premature deterioration of the tissues within and without our body. We get a variety of antixoidants from our food and from quality supplements, such as Vitamin C, A, and E, which can be ingested or mixed with other natural ingredients and applied topically, too.
It is always good to eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables daily and if you're under a great deal of stress or fighting illness o decease, also add a supplement vitamin C.
⚠️ Fruit Sources High In Vitamin C:
- Rose hips
- Goji Berries
- Raspberries / Blueberries / Huckleberries / Strawberries
- Guava / Mango
- Black currants
- Papaya / Pineapple
- Peaches / Nectarines
- Coriander / Parsley
- Peppers of all kinds (hot & mild)
- Kale / Spinach / Chard
- Mustard / Turnip Greens
- Onions / Scallions / Leeks / Chives
- Thyme / Oregano
⚠️ Skincare Therapist Dana offers an effective rejuvenating facial, by applying CASMARA Mask with Vitamin C. Read more about Casmara Vitamin С mask in Face section. For this and other facials in Beauty Salon in Richmond, 92 Sheen Road, TW9, conyact Skincare Therapist Dana at 079 17 67 8982 or book an appointment online.